AION, Inara, Recuitment

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Inara, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Inara

Age (18+ Requirement): Over 30
    Name (Forum & IGN): Inara
    Aion Names/Classes:

Lillea-11 Elyos Ranger
    Eurd-10 Elyos Chanter
    Inarala-5 Elyos Warrior(Templar)
    also 5 Asmodian Scout (undecided)

Do you have vent and a mic?: Yes (also ts, but codecs broken)

Previous gaming experience:

Mostly Warcraft, main is Inarathra on Kael'thas, 80Lock. Also a dk, Inarala, I am building up for a guild tank, and a (still low) shaman for guild heals. Also played Tabula Rasa from beta, which is how I got into Aion beta, and have a CoH and GW account, though I have preferred to concentrate on WoW. Mostly into PVE, however I enjoy PvP when in the right mood. Been to Yogg in 25, only to 39%. Been to only some of the optionals, however. Flame hard 2t, Maly10/25, OS10/25 2d. Full Naxx 10/25. Unlucky on t8, so far only gloves (not wearing to preserve 4p tier 7.5) (Armory currently showing pvp, sorry)

Why did you chose XoO:

Luck really, saw Kyoji advertising with a url... only url I had seen, and the site/backgrounds look solid. Didn't get a chance to say hi as I saw him <1hr before beta close, and wanted to make the best of it.

Do you have a referal?: No, other than above.

A little bit about yourself:

Schedule is mostly open, but a little random at times. I live in alaska, separated mother of two w/ 25 sleddogs. I am an in-between-fulltime jobs Systems and Network Engineer (location difficult). Can usually make raids scheduled in advance, and can usually run long and late. I am at GMT -9, 3 hours behind CST, and typically can run past midnight my time. Some kid/dog aggro at times. I'm also and officer in Bloodline of kael'thas (Operations, Bank, Recruiting, Web). I provide them hosting on a high bw server I run. I typically run with my sister who lives far away (its a great way to keep in touch) but she is not home until an hour or two before midnight my time Sun-Thurs, raid in wow fri/sat. She is a raiding Shadow priest, same server/guild. She will also likely apply for Aion-xoo if we like who we meet.

2. Kyoji
    Veteran Staff Member Admin

nice writeup, Alaska eh? Sounds cool. welcome to the family.

ACCEPTED

3. Kyoji

DENIED, if you only have one post and haven't visited since you registered we don't want you.

All members are expected to read the forums/be in vent/ or be active to some degree.

4. Inara

Wasn't quite sure what to post yet, since the game trial is not active again until tomorrow morning, spent only -several- hours reading what forums I had access to.

But, Denied is Denied, I suppose... thank you for Accepting and Denying me, without anyone else saying a thing as well... Right before supposedly hoping to meet people in the game in the morning?

5. Xamiazi
    Veteran

Paramedic/Navy SEAL
    Inara jump on vent today and we will talk, however this does prove you look at the forums, mind you that this is a requirement to post around and such. If you cannot comply then I dont see why you want to be here. This is a multigaming community and there are rules.

Idk how the rest of the community feels, and we will see; but I think if you want to be in XoO we will give you second chance.

You can AIM me too, Xamiaxi - please do so if you wish.

WE will talk today and see what happens, other than that thank you in your interest in XoO.

6. Inara

No longer have access to that information, and only just got home from a long fishing trip in the last couple hours.. which I cut a day short to be back for Aion, and a raid... just now catching up on things.

I thought it prudent to talk about the game when the game was running...

I also notice some of you play eve, my sis and I also have a few 30mil sp+ chars each there as well.

7. Xamiazi
    Veteran

Paramedic/Navy SEAL
    Yah we have a few people that do play EVE. Later on I will provide you with it just to talk: Kyoji was right to deny you though, I mean it did look like you app'd and left. Many people have done this.

It's encouraged to post on forums, and talk about the game, specially when not playing it since people need info ;0

I would talk to you now but its 3:30am and roomates are asleep. =)

Hope to hear from you soon

8. Kyoji

I sent you a PM, the main concern is activity. We were filling up fast and we needed to remove soem people who we thought may not of been interested as they had not checked the forums in 4 days or shown in vent. The main thing is to stay active. Since the game allows for 90 people we need to pick new recuits with caution and with concern. I would have messaged you but, again, since you had been online for 4 days I assumed you had moved on. If you are back and interested in being active and are interested in learning more about what types of things can be done to show activity I am more than willing to discuss these issues with you.

9. TwilightAngel
    Veteran Chronicles of Elyria Member

Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
    To let you in on something Even if you have nothing to say just let us know you are here and not just taking up a spot. If you can be on for sometime please let us know that you wont be on and maybe give us how long you think you might be gone.

thanks from your friendly rainbow rider

10. Inara

Didn't realize the significance, rather different up here in Alaska... don't take vacations much.